Amazing! It turns out that Kim, of The Material Lady, has nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award! A thousand thanks, Kim!
Of course I had no idea what this was. (Did I have to write a mystery, or at least organize a mystery KAL?) Luckily Kim explained all on her blog:
“Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” Created by: Okoto Enigma
Here are “The Rules” to the “Mystery Blogger Award”:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
So, here we go. Three things about myself:
- I once worked as an interior designer, but you’d never know it to look at my house.
- I have studied and forgotten several languages, including Old Norse. I do remember the saying, “Vilkat guð geyja, grey þikkjumk Freya.” It means, “I do not wish to blaspheme the gods, but it seems to me that Freya is a bitch.”
- Once, while waiting for my luggage at LAX, I sneezed, and somebody said, “Gesundheit.” I turned around, and it was Martin Sheen. He was waiting for his luggage like everybody else, but it was a very long time ago.
These are the questions that Kim asked her nominees to answer:
- Do you read, and what is your favourite book?
How does anybody list just one? Pride and Prejudice for Favorite Classic; A Gentleman in Moscow for Favorite Current Title; and for Favorite Mystery Series, it’s a three-way tie between Christopher Fowler’s Peculiar Crimes Unit series, Alan Bradley’s Flavia de Luce books, and Craig Johnson’s Longmire series.
2. What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
Jamoca almond fudge, from Baskin-Robbins.
3. What is your favourite season, and why?
Fall! It’s glorious here in New Mexico–the gold cottonwoods of the Rio Grande Valley against the Sandia Mountains and the blue, blue sky; the smell of our famous green chiles roasting in every grocery store parking lot; and absolutely perfect weather that often lasts well into November. And there are so many things to do–the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, the Taos Woolfest, and every other year the Santa Fe Quilt Show.
4. Do you prefer to sew in silence or with entertainment of some sort?
Audiobooks all the way! One of my favorite sewing gizmos is the dock I bought for my iPhone, after slicing through an earbud cord with my rotary cutter just as I was about to find out whodunnit!
5. Would you sing karaoke, and what song?
Nonononononono. But the song I would not sing would be this one.
Some of the people I would like to nominate have already been nominated, and already responded–including Kim; Sue of Fadanista; and Elaine of The Demented Fairy. Others are already quite well known. I am a huge fan of Sewcialists, but with so many contributors, it is hard to single out individuals. But that still leaves a few more:
Rivergum of The Insouciant Stitcher;
Sarah of Knitting Sarah;
Emily of Self Assembly Required;
Siobhan of Chronically Siobhan.
The questions I would ask are these–remember, one has to be weird or silly:
- If time, money and energy were no object, what non-textile-related art or craft would you like to pursue?
- Who are three of your favorite musicians?
- What is your favorite craft-related gizmo?
- What is your favorite material to work with?
- If you were to be reincarnated as a dog, what breed would you be most likely to be?
And I guess that’s it. I hope everybody decides to play.